Registered Charity No. 517162)
|Newsflash||Anthem for Doomed Youth, Sun Aug 10th at St John's Church Buxton. See here for details|
|Bridge Chapel House open on Saturday only by prior arrangement, check before you travel|
Welcome to our Derbyshire Family History Society website. It gives information on services we provide.
You may also purchase publications, take out membership or send a query.
For over 25 years the Society has linked together people researching their family history in Derbyshire.
During that time we have built up an extensive library and assembled a team of expert volunteers.
Our library in Derby is open two days a week.
We ask those who are not members to make a donation when they use it.
- Our magazine is published four times a year.
- We hold monthly meetings in different parts of the county.
- We take part in national projects through the Federation of Family History Societies.
- Our members volunteer to help in the library and to answer queries.
- All members can participate in projects using their own computer.
- Whether you are a beginner or an experienced member we can help you
Click on the Membership menu to join now.
Upcoming eventsMeetings (next 2 months)
|5th Sep 2014||The Search for an Identity||Bill Weston|
|9th Sep 2014||Reflections of the Law in Earlier Times||Stephen Woolley|
|19th Sep 2014||A Blue Badge Tour of Derbyshire||Norma Consterdine|
Latest news and Updates
|22-07-2014||Anthem for Doomed Youth, Sun Aug 10th at St John's Church Buxton. See here for details|
|13-06-2014||Updated Meeting meeting|
|07-11-2013||The Derby Meetings at 7.30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month will be held in a new venue in 2014, that is, the Derby Conference Centre, London Road (the former Railway Training Centre.|
|03-12-2011||Bridge Chapel House open on Saturday only by prior arrangement, check before you travel|