Registered Charity No. 517162)
|Newsflash||Bridge Chapel House open on Saturday only by prior arrangement, check before you travel|
Welcome to our Derbyshire Family History Society website. It gives information on services we provide.
You may also purchase publications, take out membership or send a query.
For over 25 years the Society has linked together people researching their family history in Derbyshire.
During that time we have built up an extensive library and assembled a team of expert volunteers.
Our library in Derby is open two days a week.
We ask those who are not members to make a donation when they use it.
- Our magazine is published four times a year.
- We hold monthly meetings in different parts of the county.
- We take part in national projects through the Federation of Family History Societies.
- Our members volunteer to help in the library and to answer queries.
- All members can participate in projects using their own computer.
- Whether you are a beginner or an experienced member we can help you
Click on the Membership menu to join now.
Upcoming eventsMeetings (next 2 months)
|7th Nov 2014||A Story of the First World War||Chris Makepiece|
|11th Nov 2014||Shardlow Boat People||Alex Shaw|
|5th Dec 2014||Brabyns Park and Iron Bridge||Judith Wilshaw|
|9th Dec 2014||Christmas Party||No speaker|
|12th Dec 2014||Christmas Party||No speaker|
Latest news and Updates
|07-10-2014||Updated Meeting meeting|
|07-11-2013||The Derby Meetings at 7.30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month will be held in a new venue in 2014, that is, the Derby Conference Centre, London Road (the former Railway Training Centre.|
|03-12-2011||Bridge Chapel House open on Saturday only by prior arrangement, check before you travel|